Do you enjoy being around people? Are you interested in Barista and Cafe Service? Do you like Restaurant Services? If you desire to learn a new skill or begin your career in the Hospitality Industry, then this course would be ideal for you. This qualification is designed for individuals, who wish to start a career in the Food and Beverage Industry.
Learning is life-long, so don’t let your age be a deterrent. Anyone above 16 years of age is eligible for this course, once you meet other entry requirements.
This course focuses on teaching key skills in Barista, Food Preparation, Food Safety, Customer Service and Restaurant Services. On successful completion, you gain the Cafe, Barista and Restaurant Services (Level 3). Gaining this qualification will prepare you to pursue higher level education and/or gain work in the hospitality industry.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Apply health and safety, food safety and minimize potential hazards for customers and themselves.
- Communicate effectively and behave in a professional manner while dealing with the members of public or peers.
- Apply fundamental skills to prepare, assemble and present salads and sandwiches for service in a commercial kitchen.
- Demonstrate knowledge of espresso coffee equipment and serve hot and cold non-alcoholic drinks in a hospitality establishment.
- Restaurant Services.
This programme runs for 15 weeks. Class hours are to be confirmed.
You will be provided with opportunities:
- To interact with real customers and provide table service.
- Make espresso coffees and other hot and cold drinks.
- Prepare, assemble and present salads and sandwiches.
- Learn about health and safety requirements within the industry.
- Visit local Cafes and Roasteries.
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Attend an interview
- Provide a verified copy of your birth certificate or passport