This qualification is designed for students who wish to enhance their careers with advanced managerial knowledge and skills in various business fields, or who wish to continue with graduate level studies in the field of management and business after completing foundation and/or intermediate level studies. The qualification allows the community, employers and educational organisations to recognise the ability of the graduates to contribute positively to the growth of local businesses and enterprises in a wide range of industry sectors in the New Zealand economy.
KEY INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
|Government tuition subsidy|
|Student Loan Information||StudyLink|
|Successful course completions|
|National Graduate Outcomes (3 years after completion)|
|In further study|
|On a benefit|
|Note: all KIS information is the most recent available relating to domestic students only
Click here for more information about the Key Information for Students
- Queenstown, Hastings
- Notebook and software
- New Zealand employment skills training
- Airport Pickup
- Job placement assistance
- Free 2 weeks accommodation
- Free Wi-Fi on campus
- Welcome pack + Bag & Jacket
Note: Students are eligible to work part time up to 20 hours/week whilst studying.
The learning components of the programme consist of the following six papers, each of 20 credits:
- BUS 541: Accounting and Finance (level 5)
- BUS 641: Business Communication (level 6)
- BUS 742: Strategic Management (level 7)
- BUS 743: Marketing Management (level 7)
- BUS 744: Organisational Change (level 7)
- BUS 745: Business Project (level 7)
Graduates will have the skills required to integrate into New Zealand organisations and contribute confidently within a range of organisational frameworks and functions.
They will be able to:
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of concepts, academic theories and models underpinning strategic management, accounting and finance, business communication, marketing management, and organisational change
- Examine industry and organisational issues across not-for-profit, commercial, and global organisations, and Small and Medium Enterprises (SME);
- Think critically and systematically about business problems and issues and propose solutions;
- Manage and complete a business project and report utilising concepts previously covered within the programme;
- Analyse and make recommendations in respect of business problems through submission of a project report.
Why study at FutureCOL?
- FutureCOL is a category 1 NZQA Approved provider
- Passionate staff that are focused on teaching the most relevant industries skills to students.
- Support of Local Government by both the Hon. Craig Foss (MP for Tuki Tuki) and Mayor Lawrence Yule (Mayor of Hastings District Council)
- Family Environment and extremely safe. If you choose to study with FutureCOL, we will treat you as part of your family. Hastings and the Hawke’s Bay Community is very welcoming to International Students. There are many opportunities for part-time employment whilst studying.
Diploma in Business Level 7 Employment Opportunities
Many graduates go into managerial and administrative roles in both the public and private sectors, depending on their chosen specialisations. Others use the programme as a bridge into postgraduate study.
Graduates of this qualification may undertake further study towards degree programmes across a number of business disciplines or towards professional qualifications at a range of tertiary institutions both in New Zealand and abroad.
International students who are enrolling for Ntec Concordia’s Diploma in Business Level 7 have the opportunity to concurrently complete the University of Northampton’s BA (Hons) Business and Management (Final Year) in one year.
- Team Leader
- Project Manager
- Operational Manager
- Strategic Planner
- Mentor for small to medium enterprises
Admission Criteria / Entry Requirements
For admission to this programme, candidates must:
- At least 18 years of age
- IELTS level 6.0 (Academic) with no band less than 5.5; or the equivalent level of English.
- Have successfully completed at least a level 6 diploma in a relevant or related subject area; or have at least two years of relevant work experience.