The New Zealand Diploma in Business Level 7 qualification is designed for students who wish to enhance their careers with advanced managerial knowledge and skills in various business fields, or who wish to continue with graduate level studies in the field of management and business after completing foundation and/or intermediate level studies. The New Zealand Diploma in Business Level 7 qualification allows the community, employers and educational organisations to recognise the ability of the graduates to contribute positively to the growth of local businesses and enterprises in a wide range of industry sectors in the New Zealand economy.
- Hastings, Queenstown
- Free airport pick up from Napier airport (FutureCOL needs to be advised of flight details at least 72 hours before arrival).
- Free New Zealand mobile SIM card
- Free Wi-Fi on Campus
- Professional Skills and Orientation Programme
- Welcome pack, Bag and Jacket
- Training Notebook and Software
Note: Students are eligible to work part time as per their visa conditions stipulated by Immigration NZ.
The learning components of the programme consist of the following six papers, each of 20 credits:
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Communication
- Strategic Management
- Marketing Management
- Organisational Change
- Business Project
Graduates will have the skills required to integrate into New Zealand organisations and contribute confidently within a range of organisational frameworks and functions.
They will be able to:
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of concepts, academic theories and models underpinning strategic management, accounting and finance, business communication, marketing management, and organisational change
- Examine industry and organisational issues across not-for-profit, commercial, and global organisations, and Small and Medium Enterprises (SME);
- Think critically and systematically about business problems and issues and propose solutions;
- Manage and complete a business project and report utilizing concepts previously covered within the programme;
- Analyse and make recommendations in respect of business problems through submission of a project report.
Why study at FutureCOL?
- FutureCOL is a category 1 NZQA Approved provider
- Passionate staff that are focused on teaching the most relevant industries skills to students.
- Support of Local Government by both the Hon. Craig Foss (MP for Tuki Tuki) and Mayor Lawrence Yule (Mayor of Hastings District Council)
- Family Environment and extremely safe. If you choose to study with FutureCOL, we will treat you as part of our family. Hastings and the Hawke’s Bay Community is very welcoming to International Students. There are many opportunities for part-time employment whilst studying.
Many graduates go into managerial and administrative roles in both the public and private sectors, depending on their chosen specializations. Others use the programme as a bridge into postgraduate study.
Graduates of this qualification may undertake further study towards degree programmes across a number of business disciplines or towards professional qualifications at a range of tertiary institutions both in New Zealand and abroad.
- Team Leader
- Project Manager
- Operational Manager
- Strategic Planner
- Mentor for small to medium enterprises
Admission Criteria / Entry Requirements
For admission to the Diploma in Business Level 7 programme, candidates must:
- At least 18 years of age
- IELTS Bands 6.0 (Academic) with no band less than 5.5; or the equivalent level of English.
- Have successfully completed at least a level 6 diploma in a relevant or related subject area; or have at least two years of relevant work experience.
KEY INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
|Minimum requirements [ i ]|
|Duration [ i ]|
|Tuition Fees||Annual||Total Qualification|
|Student fees||[ i ]||[ i ]|
|Government tuition subsidy||[ i ]||[ i ]|
|Total||[ i ]||[ i ]|
|Student loan information||StudyLink[ i ]|
|Successful course completions [ i ]|
|National Graduate Outcomes (3 years after completion)|
|Median earnings [ i ]|
|Earnings range [ i ]|
|In employment [ i ]|
|In further study [ i ]|
|On a benefit [ i ]|
|Note: all KIS information is the most recent available relating to domestic students only
Click here for more information about the Key Information for Students