Introduction to Cafe and Barista Services Course Overview (Level 2). Do you enjoy being around people? Are you interested in Barista and Cafe Service? If you desire to learn a new skill or begin your career in the Hospitality Industry, then this course would be ideal for you. This qualification is designed for individuals, who wish to start a career in the Food and Beverage Industry. This programme runs for 16 weeks and 2 weeks term holiday break.
Learning is life-long, so don’t let your age be a deterrent. Anyone above 16 years of age are eligible for this course, once you meet other entry requirements.
Class hours are 9:00am – 2:30pm, Monday – Friday
This course focuses on teaching key skills in Barista, Food Preparation, Food Safety and Customer Service. On successful completion you gain the New Zealand Certificate in Hospitality (Level 2). Gaining this qualification will prepare you to pursue higher level qualifications and/or gain work in the hospitality sector.
You will be provided with opportunities
- To interact with customers and provide table service.
- Make espresso coffees, and other hot and cold drinks.
- Prepare, assemble and present salads and sandwiches for service in a hospitality establishment.
- Learn about health and safety requirements within the industry.
- Visit local Café’s and Roasteries.
Cafe and Barista Services Course (level 2) Admission Criteria
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Attend an interview
- Provide a verified copy of your birth certificate or passport