Does all the technology around get you curious? If you desire to learn a new skill, become computer literate or just need a challenge, then the Introduction to Digital Technologies (level 2) course is ideal for you. This programme is designed to introduce you to different fields in IT, after which you may want to pursue a career in engineering, digital media, or even robotics, or just up for the challenge and gain new computing skills.
Learning is life-long, so don’t let your age be a deterrent. Anyone above 16 years of age are eligible for this course, once you meet other entry requirements.
Class hours are 9:00am – 2:30pm, Monday – Friday
On successful completion of the Introduction to Digital Technologies (level 2) course, you will gain a New Zealand Certificate in Computing (User Fundamentals) Level 2. Achieving this qualification will prepare you to pursue higher level qualification or gain basic computing skills for work.
You will be provided with opportunities
- To learn how to manage your folders and files
- Operate and print a 3D object using a 3D printer
- To understand the basics of operating a drone
- Build a robot and make it move (easy, you don’t need to be a rocket scientist for this)
- Learn Microsoft Office 2016 (Publisher, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Be introduced to Photoshop and manipulate photos
- Learn to desktop publish flyers and posters
- Create your own website
- Learn about threats and troubleshooting
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Attend an interview
- Provide a verified copy of your birth certificate or passport