New Zealand Diploma in Computing (level 5)
The Systems Engineering Diploma Level 5 is designed to give students opportunity to develop practical technical computing skills in computer hardware, software, and networking using an extensive range of operating systems. Learners learn to network and user support, troubleshooting, and installation and repair of LAN’s. Delivery is in a practical “hands on” environment. This three-module programme covers an extensive range of technical and software skills. Following the completion of the three modules, an optional examination can be undertaken to achieve CompTIA A+ Certification.
Duration: 1 year
The Course is made up of unit standards, delivering theoretical knowledge and developing hands-on skills in the following areas
- Hardware and Software Fundamentals
- Network Planning, Design and Installation
- Data Security and Protection
- Live Customer Projects
- Protocols and Topologies
- Troubleshooting and fault finding
- Communication Skills
- Interleaved Processing Techniques
- Operating System Technologies
This course is delivered by industry qualified teaching staff through lectures, tutorials and practical Assignments.
The course prepares students for Computing Level 6 and CompTIA A + Certification. Students will have to pay an additional exam fee for the certification exams.
- At least 18 years of age (international students).
- Certificate in Computing level 3 or 4; or successful completion of New Zealand Year 12 secondary schooling; or international equivalent; and/or appropriate related work experience.
- International students require IELTS level 5.5 (Academic).
KEY INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
|Minimum requirements [ i ]|
|Duration [ i ]|
|Tuition Fees||Annual||Total Qualification|
|Student fees||[ i ]||[ i ]|
|Government tuition subsidy||[ i ]||[ i ]|
|Total||[ i ]||[ i ]|
|Student loan information||StudyLink[ i ]|
|Successful course completions [ i ]|
|National Graduate Outcomes (3 years after completion)|
|Median earnings [ i ]|
|Earnings range [ i ]|
|In employment [ i ]|
|In further study [ i ]|
|On a benefit [ i ]|
|Note: all KIS information is the most recent available relating to domestic students only
Click here for more information about the Key Information for Students