Hastings, Hawkes Bay
The programme will equip graduates with technical knowledge and hands-on experience in technical support and provides the opportunity for students to pursue an IT related career in New Zealand or prepare them for higher level study.
- Notebook + Software
- New Zealand employment skills training
- Airport Pickup
- Job Placement Assistance
- Free 2 weeks accommodation
- Free Wi-Fi on campus
- Welcome Pack + Bag Jacket
Upon completion of this qualification, graduates will be able to demonstrate understanding, knowledge, and skills in Computer Systems, Application and System Software, and Networks Support and Configuration in a New Zealand IT environment. Graduates will gain the necessary knowledge and skills to develop basic computer applications and administer databases. They will demonstrate an understanding of the current user support standards, and professional, legal, and ethical principles and practices in New Zealand.
This qualification provides a pathway to further specialisation through industry specific training, attempt industry certifications at the appropriate level and area of speciality. Other possible pathways include degree qualifications.
The New Zealand Diploma in Information Technology Technical Support Level 5 consists of six components at Level 5, totalling 120 credits. Content covers:
- Modern Data Communications
- Applied Communications
- Systems and Applications Support
- Systems Installation and Maintenance
- Application Design and Development
- Database Development and Design
For admission to this programme, candidates must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have completed the Certificate in Computing Level 3 or 4; or successful completion of New Zealand Year 12 secondary schooling; or international equivalent; and/or appropriate related work experience.
- International students require IELTS 5.5 (Academic) with no band less than 5.0 (Academic) or NZCEL Level 4 (Academic) or equivalent level of English.
KEY INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
|Minimum requirements [ i ]|
|Duration [ i ]|
|Tuition Fees||Annual||Total Qualification|
|Student fees||[ i ]||[ i ]|
|Government tuition subsidy||[ i ]||[ i ]|
|Total||[ i ]||[ i ]|
|Student loan information||StudyLink[ i ]|
|Successful course completions [ i ]|
|National Graduate Outcomes (3 years after completion)|
|Median earnings [ i ]|
|Earnings range [ i ]|
|In employment [ i ]|
|In further study [ i ]|
|On a benefit [ i ]|
|Note: all KIS information is the most recent available relating to domestic students only
Click here for more information about the Key Information for Students
Diploma Information in Technology Technical Support FAQs
Course fees apply. If eligible, NZ students can apply for Studylink Student loan and allowance to assist while studying.
Course fees are separate for Level 5 and Level 6. You can try Level 5 first before enrolling in Level 6 to ensure this industry is right for you.
Talk with our administration staff, meet our Tutors where you can see how this programme is specific to employment opportunities. Info Technology skills and knowledge will advance you into the technology market by having those skills employers need.
It is worth remembering it is your own motivation and future vision will drive your future career prospects locally, nationally or globally.
By Level 5 course completion you will identify with a wide range of jobs at entry level that you could apply for. Given the diversity of this field, there are opportunities that enable you to learn more on the job. Your skills and qualification plus level of motivation will demonstrate to an employer how committed you are to become an asset in this industry.
- IT helpdesk personnel
- Computer technician
- Technical support (hardware, networking and software)
- Computer sales and service
- Entry-level programmer
You can achieve these qualifications by completion of programmes. They are NZQA
- New Zealand Diploma in Information Technology Technical Support (level 5) (Year 1)
One academic year